How to Transfer WhatsApp Data From Android to iOS: On Wednesday, WhatsApp revealed that its customers would soon be able to move their entire communication history from Android to iOS and vice versa. During the Galaxy Unpacked celebration last year, this feature was initially disclosed. Before that, users of WhatsApp had to rely on third-party apps or risk losing their chat history when switching. This function was initially made accessible on the Meta-owned platform through a beta upgrade. Your WhatsApp call and payment history still cannot be transferred using this feature, unfortunately.
Through a tweet, WhatsApp made the new migration capability fully public. The business has highlighted how to move WhatsApp chat history from Android to iOS on its revised FAQ website. Before beginning the transfer, users should keep a few things in mind: their Android smartphone should be running Android 5 or higher, and their iPhone should have iOS 15.5 or higher loaded. Both of your devices should be logged in to the same Wi-Fi network because the transmission takes place wirelessly. Additionally, it is advised that you plug your phones into a power source while performing the migration.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Chat Data From Android to iOS
WhatsApp disclosed that this new migration function will first be accessible for a limited number of Samsung smartphones at last year’s Galaxy Unpacked event. Later, as part of a beta upgrade, the capability was made accessible to a larger user population.
Fortunately, there is an official way to move WhatsApp from Android to iPhone. Besides, we rounded up another four different methods to transfer WhatsApp to your new iPhone. Read on to find the one that suits your needs.
Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone via Move to iOS
As a result of WhatsApp’s official statement that it will allow free chat migration from Android to iPhone, users may now utilise the Move to iOS app to move their chat history, images, videos, and voice messages from Android to iPhone for free while maintaining their phone number. There are some restrictions, though, that you should be aware of.
Steps for migrating WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone
- Install the Move to iOS app on your Android phone and open it.
- Open your new iPhone and start the setup process. When the Apps & Data screen appears, choose Move Data from Android. (If your iPhone is not the new one, you must put it into factory reset, and set it up again.)
- When the code is displayed on your iPhone, please enter it on your Android device > Tap Continue.
- On the Transfer Data screen, choose WhatsApp and tap on the START button on your Android phone.
- Please wait for WhatsApp to scan the data to transfer. And the WhatsApp account on your Android phone will be signed out.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to return to the Move to iOS app and tap the Continue button to start transferring WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone. This will take a while, so please be patient.
- When the transfer is complete, you need to install the latest version of WhatsApp on your iPhone > Log in to your WhatsApp account with the same phone number that used on your old device.
- When your finish activating your new iPhone, you will see the WhatsApp chats appears on your iPhone.
Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone 14 without Backup
You can rely on WhatsApp transfer applications like AnyTrans to complete the task if you discover that the Move to iOS software is unable to transfer WhatsApp chats from an Android device to your iPhone.
You can move data from an Android device to a new Apple device (iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro, and iPhone 14 Pro Max) with AnyTrans, a professional data transfer and backup tool. This includes WhatsApp data. Additionally, it offers the option to move WhatsApp from Android to iPhone without using an Android backup or by recovering WhatsApp from a Google Drive backup. Additionally, it allows you to easily and safely backup all of your WhatsApp data.
Our users suggest AnyTrans as it makes moving WhatsApp from Android/iPhone to iPhone very labor-efficient.
Step 1. Download AnyTrans on your computer > Connect your Android and iPhone to the computer via USB cables > Click on the “Social Messages Manager” mode.
Step 2. Click on WhatsApp to Device > Then tap on the “Transfer Now” option to go on.
Step 3. Select your Android to be the source phone and your new iPhone to be the target phone > Click on the “Next” button to transfer WhatsApp messages to your new iPhone.
Step 4. Then follow the pop-up instructions in AnyTrans to continue: Backup your WhatsApp on your Android > Install the enhanced version WhatsApp on your Android > Allow access to the Phone Storage in WhatsApp.
Step 5. Log in to your WhatsApp on your Android and Tap the Restore button (this will restore the backup you just made to the current enhanced version of WhatsApp) > Then click Next in AnyTrans.
Step 6. AnyTrans will start to transfer WhatsApp data to your iPhone.
Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to iPhone Using Google Drive
You can use AnyTrans to transfer your WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to iPhone if you have already backed up your data on Google Drive. Users who switch from Android to iPhone or who are unable to recover WhatsApp from Google Drive benefit from it.
- Open AnyTrans and Connect New iPhone. Also, open AnyTrans and connect your new iPhone via USB cable > Go to Social Messages Manager > Move the mouse to Restore WhatsApp.
- Choose Restore WhatsApp from Google Drive Backup.
- Log in to Google Account and View Backup History. Once you sign in to your Google account, you can view all your WhatsApp backup history. Choose one backup file and continue.
- Access WhatsApp Files. Here you can directly restore attachments like WhatsApp photos, audio, etc. If you’d like to restore messages or calls, please keep reading below.
- Get Authorization and Decrypt WhatsApp Messages. To get authorization, you need to follow the on-screen instructions to finish. Then, WhatsApp chats will be decrypted and you can choose to restore. Also, you can transfer to a computer or print your chat history.
- Restore WhatsApp Backup to iPhone Successfully.
Transfer WhatsApp Chats from Android to iPhone Free Using Email
You also have the option to convert WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone without a PC using email, according to WhatsApp. Your whole chat history will be sent to your iPhone through email, but WhatsApp talks won’t be moved immediately to your iPhone’s WhatsApp app. You can choose to save WhatsApp messages together with emails using this way on both an iPhone and an Android device.
- Launch the WhatsApp app on your Android device.
- Go to “Settings” and choose “Chats” settings.
- Tap on the “Chat History” option to get to the chat history screen.
- Tap on “Export chat” to export WhatsApp chats.
- On the following screen, you will be asked to choose a contact whose chat history you want to export.
- Select a contact and then choose Email (or Gmail, if you use it) to transfer the entire chat history to an email address.
- Open the inbox of the email account you sent your chat history to your iPhone.
- You will be able to view your WhatsApp data on your iPhone.